Oct 17, 2011

Grateful to Share

I am honored to say that I AM A DAUGHTER OF MY HEAVENLY FATHER WHO LOVES ME AND THAT I LOVE HIM TOO. to





Did anyone believe I would be who I am and where I am at this day? Nope absoloutely not! But I am. We all have our personal struggles and temptations each are different and affect each of us differently and then again so many of us can understand the other completely. I am so thankful for all that I have been given and blessed with and especially my own little family that continues to grow. A few days ago I was faced with very strong temptations they came to me through a dream and then the days following it was all I could think of. It was in my mind and I felt like those thoughts and temptations were going to swallow me whole until I partook of the evil deed. The temptation was to drink alcohol, I used to do in High School and even a few years after I had graduated. Why do I write that out on this in public? Because I feel inspired too and I am acting out on that inspiration. The temptation had a hold of me. One of the nights as the temptation was leaning over me I remember sitting in bed making a plan to go out where to go and to full fill this trap satin had set for me. Before I had walked out the door I stopped to get onto facebook and distract myself, playing angry birds getting on facebook and then eventually I ended up on KSL. I was reading some news and off to the side there was a website thing that you could click on that was 2011 conference talks. I slowly went and clicked the button and came across a talk the Barbara Thompson 1st councelor of the Relief Society (I think) She talked about keeping the covenants. It was exactly what I needed to read and listen to and how grateful I am that I found it, more like the holy spirit guided me there! Here is the info. ~ Cleave unto the Covenants - Barbara Thompson - October 2011 General Relief Society Meeting. I cried as I read it and felt Heavenly Fathers love around me. I found the strength within myself, my sweet spirit to continue and stay on the straight and narrow path. We are all here for each other and there is no need to hide our struggles from one another but more to reach out to Heavenly Father and each other. We are hear to lift each other up! I asked my dear husband for a blessing the other day and how so grateful I am for the Priesthood! What an amazing gift that the faithful and worthy men of the church can have. I love my Father in Heaven very much and I am grateful that I chose to share this with all those who come upon this blog post.

2 comments: